Professor Emeritus Nomination
The Foundry Educational Foundation (FEF) is seeking nominations from former students of retired Key Professors from FEF supported metalcasting programs to confer an honorific title of FEF Key Professor Emeritus. Emeritus is an honorific title presented by FEF to any Key Professor in retirement in recognition of meritorious service to FEF students and their school(s).
Each year, at the College Industry Conference (CIC), FEF will honor those great educators who inspired, influenced and motivated their students towards a career in the metalcasting industry and as a result, many of those graduates have made a difference as leaders of our industry. Click here for a list of past recipients.
For 2023, we want to continue to honor retired Key Professors (living or deceased) celebrating their commemoration at the 2023 CIC in November.Honorees will be invited to attend the CIC; those professors that are deceased will be honored posthumously.
A $1,000 FEF scholarship will be presented to deserving current FEF students in each professor's name during the upcoming academic year, along with recognizing these professors on our website, in the FEF annual report, and in other print material as applicable.
The following criteria will be used to select the 2023 class:
- Served as a Key Professor for at least three years and has been officially retired for at least one year.
- Nominees who are living or deceased.
- Using the nomination form below, you must include:
- Your name, company, title
- School you attended, year(s) studied with the professor, major, degree earned
- Professor name
- A short paragraph (no more than 200 words) that includes:
- up to two specific examples of how the professor made a difference in your personal and academic life leading to you choosing a career in the industry
- your impression of what the professor meant to other students that graduated after or with you
- your current involvement, if any, with your alma mater's metalcasting program and/or FEF
Nominations will be accepted via on-line form only.
All nominations are due by August 21, 2023 - noon central time.
The official announcement of those nominees who will be honored as the class of 2023 will be made shortly thereafter.
If you have any questions, please contact Nick at email@example.com.